Face mask coverings are a great extra measure to slow the spread of COVID-19 by providing an additional physical barrier. Here are few simple guidelines to properly use your face mask to keep you and other safe.
Putting On A Face Covering
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser containing at least 60% alcohol
- Ensure the mask is covering your mouth nose and chin
- Face Mask With Ear Loops: Hold the mask by the ear loops and place the loops over your ears
- Face Mask With Ties: hold the mask to nose level, place the ties over the crown of your head and secure with a bow.
- The mask should fit snugly against your skin and completely cover your mouth, nose and chin.
Wearing A Face Mask
- Avoid touching the mask or your face when wearing
- Don’t put the face covering around your neck or up on your forehead
- Don’t remove the face mask until your return home
- If you need to remove your face mask, replace with a clean one.
Removing A Face Mask
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitiser
- Face Mask With Ear loops: Without touching your face of the front of the mask, carefully grab the ear loops and remove the mask
- Face Mask With Ties: Without touching the front of the mask, untie the bottom bow first then the top bow and remove
- Immediately put the mask in a wash bag or place it into a zip lock bag to be taken home for washing
- Clean your hands with soap and water
Washing A Face Mask
- Masks should be washed after every use or wear.
- Machine Wash: Inside a wash bag, wash your masks with a gentle cycle with a mild detergent at 30 degrees Celsius
- Hand Wash: submerge the mask in warm to hot water then lather with soap and scrub for at least 20 seconds and rinse with hot water
- Can be tumble dried on a high heat or air dried in direct sunlight